View Single Post
Old Jun 14th, 2019, 15:08   #5
uniqueue

Quote:
Originally Posted by brissle View Post
Thanks Ruby37.
That's a good suggestion, thanks.
I'll have a look around for that spray grease - we are still in France and have quite a lot of towing to do before we get home.

The clonking is worrying and if I can reduce it until I get back to my dealer that would help.

The vibration causes the jockey wheel to gradually drop down until it touches the road (however well I tighten the handle) - potentially causing damage, so we now have to stop every now and then to check.

I can see what you mean about the paint wearing off but that still doesn't seem like decent Volvo engineering to me. I'll have to see what my garage say. And although the bar seems secure, in that I can't remove it when the key is turned, it still doesn't feel right - the red indicator still shows even when it's in locked position. I've tried looking up instructions for locking the bar on the internet, but can't find anything.

Thanks for your advice.

Brissle
If the red indicator is still showing this suggests that the bar is not properly engaged and I would want to get that checked as soon as possible .....
If the indicator is working correctly then the removeable part isnt locked in properly.!!!
The key only prevents the release mechanism from turning, it has no effect on the mechanism that attaches the removeable bit .
dirt somewhere is the likely place to start .

Last edited by uniqueue; Jun 14th, 2019 at 15:15. Reason: to clarify ambiguity using "lock"
uniqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uniqueue For This Useful Post: