View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2020, 11:44   #6
moes80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashracing View Post
Same trouble code ?

is all the the inlet pipework leak free, as if the engine is drawing in air form an easier source ( breather hose off etc ) then the lower air flow through the MAF will tell the ecu to put less fuel in.

By disconnecting the MAF the engine ecu goes into a safe sub program that ignores the needed signal from the maf and uses other engine sensors to calculate the required fuel

if nothing is obvious check wiring for points where it could rub or where it moves a lot as this can cause breaks in the wiring due to fatigue.
Hi Bashracing,

Do you know what the purpose of the needle in the MAP is? I took mine off to clean and the needle was missing so ordered another one. Car use to run just fine, is it possible for the MAP to operate correctly without the needle?
Still waiting for new bits to arrive, but am worried that the absence of the needle may be helping the car to run smoothly and once I fit the new MAP it will start complaining

Sorry just realised your talking about the MAF and I'm talking about the MAP. If you know the purpose of the needle on the MAP feel free to enlighten

Last edited by moes80; May 31st, 2020 at 12:01.
moes80 is offline   Reply With Quote