Thread: Amazon: - Cylinder Head
View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 21:37   #1
IWE

Default Cylinder Head

I have only recently joined the Owner Club so have not seen past questions and issues, so my question may have been answered some time, even some years ago, and I would be glad if someone could direct me to past comments if appropriate.
I have a 1963 Volvo 121, which I bought in 1973 and have therefore owned it for 47 years. I did a lot of work on it in past years (mostly in the 80's) and after a complete engine re-build in 1978, I changed the cylinder head some time in the eighties to a B20 head. It has a Weber 36DCD carburettor without vacuum connected.
I have put up with a lumpy tickover for years, blaming the carb for constantly getting dirt into it and I have dismantled, cleaned and re-assembled the carb countless times.
I have recently been made aware that a B20 head and B18 engine do not really go together and I should have had some machining done to adjust the head. So can anyone advise me what I should do to the head to improve the engine. I am planning to remove it with a view to having work done on the valve seats for unleaded fuel.
Thank you for your help
IWE is offline   Reply With Quote