View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 21:48   #6
bobthecabbage
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoV402612 View Post
Sorry bobthecabbage I forgot to add "+ DMF" on the clutch parts cost, I'm trying to get it changed but it will not let me edit it at the moment.

I phoned volvo last week and asked how much a DMF was from them. The guy came back to me and said the DMF was £252 + VAT (£315) but at the moment they were doing a deal where you get the 3 piece clutch kit for FREE... YES FOR FREE! So the clutch plate, pressure plate, release bearing and DMF genuine parts from Volvo cost £315. I ordered it on Nov 3rd 2016 and it took them till the following monday to get it in from Sweden. I got it from Rybrooks Volvo in Warrington, Lancashire. Get the parts ordered now, save yourself £100.

The mechanic said it was a pig of a job because of all the covers and pipes surrounding the gear box.

Hope this helped.
This sounds like some volvo fantasy land! Reasonable prices and FREE parts! Do you know how long the deal is on for? I think my clutch and DMF are not long for this world. I'm not sure I want to buy the kit and put it on the shelf though. The car might not last till I get round to fitting it as I'm not up to the task right now!