View Single Post
Old Mar 18th, 2019, 23:11   #20
MuscleFlex

Just to update on this,
my local garage quoted me £200. Plus £49 to pick up the car if it won't start to get to the garage.

I have not had it done as lately, it seem to start ok (must be the warmer weather)

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I drove the car to York from Leeds to pick up a Peg Perego Gaucho ride on Jeep for my little girl. It drove great and the jeep just barely fitted inside (huge!)
Got back home at lunchtime.
In the afternoon, I was supposed to drop my wife off in town to meet her friends but I could hear a rubbing sound which I did not like so I turned around and used her car instead.
Sunday came and I wanted to go to the tip so tried to use my car again, and again, I could hear the rubbing sound which got louder the faster I went. So I turned around and decided to jack up the front right driver side wheel to have a look as I thought it could be the brakes.

This is what I found!
Coil spring snapped! And the end is pressed against the tire hence the rubbing sound.
Click Mechanic says £260 to repair both which does not sound bad.. but the car is old and I don't know how much I'm gonna keep paying for this car so I'm going to get this scrapped. £140 for a scrappage company to come and take it away.
MuscleFlex is offline   Reply With Quote