View Single Post
Old Mar 17th, 2017, 13:52   #6
Dancake
Premier Member

I understand that, but like for like insurance quotes vary so much that one can only assume the figures are made up.

Parking arrangements - Should not apply to insurance quotes. You're discriminating against the less privileged. Those who haven't got off street parking or a garage etc.

Address - Should not apply to insurance quotes. Again you're discriminating against those who haven't been lucky enough to end up living in an enviable postcode. Even the most notorious postcodes have lots of very decent people in them. These people are paying an increased premium because of a minority of people who have no aversion to breaking the law. It's active discrimination. Putting everyone under the same blanket rather than individually assessing merits. It's a disgrace. Insurance companies are happy for this to continue, because they are making more money out of people who don't commit motor related crimes than they are paying out to cover those who have commited motoring offences.

Age - Another thing that should never be applied to insurance quotes, and another classic case of active discrimination. I can just picture the insurance companies board meetings, and the feeling of warmth that must coarse through the veins of those attending when they realise that they still get away with age discrimination. It's a complete farce. How do insurance companies evaluate individual drivers skills? Asking for a pass plus certificate is nonsense. They're too easy to get, and should in no way reflect premium prices either.

Social, domestic, pleasure and business - A complete and total load of nonsense where I'm concerned. People want to insure their cars to use them. Why should it matter what they're using them for? Just another excuse to make money.

Marital status - Should not factor in insurance quotes. Why should marriage factor? Statistically there's probably some emotional trigger during the process of getting married that makes married couples less likely to take risks. Some married couples I know are absolute psychopaths. Just because someone is married doesn't make them any less of a risk. In fact I would argue that they are even more of a risk, as emotions can run high when things aren't going right.

Individual risk - How is this actually worked out? There's no way at all to figure out the risk that an individual poses. Once again statistics are applied in the favour of insurance companies. Are most accidents as a result of risks, or as a result of bad driving?
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote