View Single Post
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 16:00   #8
Ross9
Master Member

Default RE: Varying performance 2.0T

Good point Dan, wasn't thinking it through at all or I'd have remembered the Turbo is down the back on a T4.

Do you reckon you would have gotten any gains from this? obviously it would help keep the turbo cool, but would it have managed to cool the actual charge temps any so close to the point of compression, rather than cooling the charge further after compression round at the intercooler with some other method, or even fitting the vent forther forward so it caught the air and channeled it onto the intake manifold etc at the front? I'm not saying it wouldn't, I dont know either way, just thinking out loud.

Not too sure how good a scooby vent would look on a T4, or any volvo, actually. I'm of the opinion it belongs on a Subaru and nowhere else, much like the Pulsars cheesegrater bulge/vent doesnt belogn anywhere but on a Pulsar, and a Cosworth Whale Tail looks ridiculous on anything but a Cosworth.