View Single Post
Old Jul 6th, 2019, 17:38   #27
Forrest
VOC Member

Whilst reluctant to get involved in this spat, which I can see both sides of, it’s worth noting that front fog lamps aren’t currently checked in the UK MOT. They will be (if present - they are not a legal requirement) on cars first used after 1st March 2018 when they become due for an MOT from 2021. This will not apply to our cars which are all likely pre-1999.

I always try to resist the temptation deliberately to dazzle drivers who appear to fail to dip their lights. Modern headlights tend to dazzle me anyway and you cannot always tell if they are on main or dipped beam.

However, if an approaching driver deliberately flashes because they believe you to have neglected to dip your lights it does not seem unreasonable to me to pull the headlight stalk in response to their gentle reminder to do this. If this results in several million candle power of main beam and driving lamps shining back at them then so be it. Their “bad” I’d say. You have merely performed the logical and polite response to their own deliberate gesture.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post: