Thread: d5252t turbo
View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2016, 20:21   #11
tripletoneaudio

Default kkk k14 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_r_smith View Post
Yes it can hold more pressure, but so can the k14. I ran my k14 for 3 months at 1.8bar, only problem is it turns into a bit of a hot air blower! 16T holds the pressure easier. Are you planning on changing the nozzles? The k14 is man enough to take any amount of fuel the standard nozzles will allow.

Instead of fooling the map sensor just replace it with a 3 Bar.

A MBC also helped a lot, the internal wastegate setup on the k14 is a little poor at controlling boost. I got lots of creep before but now upto full pressure quicker and holding where I want it.

By far the best modification I made (most notable difference) was a 3"down pipe. I fabricated one myself but they may be available I'm not sure. This reduced egt dramatically and spool up was much quicker. Running 1.5 bar is more efficient too (cooler temps).

And remove rear silencer too.
Hi iam using the v70 d525 kkk k14 turbo on a t4 2.4 turbo conversion , iam having terrible trouble sourcing a standard v70 2.5inch downpipe , I saw u fabricated a 3inch one I have scoured eBay buy can find a flange for the k14 can u help please ....getting desperate .....Jon.
tripletoneaudio is offline   Reply With Quote