Thread: Improved mpg!
View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2018, 17:00   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han solo View Post
Hi all,
So I'm now the proud owner of a 1995 960 24v estate, and I love it but it was proving to be a bit of a beast to run returning 14mpg local and about 20 mpg on a run, so I sorted the problems I could find with blowing exhaust and loose plugs and got it back to what seemed to be the norm (around the 20-27mpg mark)
Anyway I added some oil additive yesterday that I've used before but with slightly less of a noticeable improvement and the car is running amazingly, it's quieter than a Prius and last night I got over 30mpg mixed mileage (about 70/30 motorway/town) just been for a little drive to take the dog for a walk and on the way home got 35mpg but dropped back to 31mpg as I live on top of a hill.
Not sure on the forum rules on advertising and brand names, Im sure someone can tell me if I can mention the name.
I'm not a sales rep or something but if it makes these cars just a bit more usable with fuel cost the way they are it must be a good thing.
Cheers,
Paul.
I would be very careful , it seems a lot of friction has been reduced . You may not have anything better than petrol in the sump for lubrication !
Go for 0w/30 oil by all means ,it will reduce friction .. but your present cocktail may well wreck your engine .. Volvo have always forbidden additives of any kind .