Thread: General: 164: - How do you turn off intermittent wipers
View Single Post
Old Aug 12th, 2015, 14:39   #7
Terzoed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-S View Post
Thanks for reply, but why is it that there are so many 164s surviving in Essex? I am in contact with two other in-use cars around your area, know of one in a garden near there too, and there is an enthusiast a bit further northeast who has several....
Black eh - must have been customers choice when new. Never seen a black one, even in Holland, a 164 haven.

P
I get the impression that there's more to this car then meets the eye. Having done a bit of research I, too, discovered that black is an usual colour. It also has a light blue leather interior, again something that appears to be a rarity for such an early car. Furthermore, it's an automatic

Before finding out it was a one owner vehicle, I had an hunch that it could have been either an Embassy car or perhaps came from a funeral directors but clearly this won't be the case.

As I can't speak to the previous owner (unless I can find a very good Medium!!) I suspect I'll never know which is a bit of a pity as I find that sort of thing as interesting as the car itself.
Terzoed is offline   Reply With Quote