Thread: C30 Electrics : - Another Aux input question
View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2018, 09:51   #13
benk103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
as you are into phones, Bluetooth and spotify the new Pure DAB 600 would suit you , you will not need Aux or USB as your phone will do all the work ..

https://www.pure.com/uk/car-audio/products/highway-600

you could probably fit this yourself

The old Pure DAB 300Di was better for the older car where you did not involve a phone , it also had USB AUX and iPod inputs volvo offered this as an accessory about 5 years ago £290 fitted and supplied all the brackets and adapters , it injected the signal into the FM aerial lead and you picked it up from an FM frequency the sound is very good , You can find these at half the cost of the 600 now .

yes you can use the steering wheel for volume control as these devices act as a FM station ..
Thanks for your quick reply Clan..

Looks like I may have misunderstood things originally then - when you say injected the signal into the FM aerial lead, I'm guessing this is different to the normal Pure FM transmitting? I'm just concerned about the signal dropping out when I'm on the move.

I've just seen on the Pure website: "Your Highway radio will not transmit over FM if it is running on batteries. For the radio to transmit it must be running on power through the USB port - powered by your vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket" - is there any way round this to effectively power it directly from the car? Would be preferable to always having the cigarette lighter in use.

Thanks again

Last edited by benk103; Nov 16th, 2018 at 09:57. Reason: additional information
benk103 is offline   Reply With Quote