View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 22:00   #26
ubucky

Default 2012 xc60 stop/start

Hi all,

Thought i would share my stop start story, i just aquired my car 4 weeks ago and no stop start function operating,
I checked both batteries the small one showing 13.7v and the large 12.4 which is indeed low as per what the (my car) was telling me, It did push in over 14v when running so all good there,
I even got a low battery warning when sitting with ignition on waiting as we do,
Today i thought id check the tyre pressures so i started car and reversed closer to my garage left it running as it was a bit chilly at least 10 minutes idling,(i know i know).
I then pumped the tyres up to 35psi they were under 30 and lower,
I then drove for about 20 miles parked all day, I had the shock of my life when leaving the city the car stopped at the lights, Of course i panicked and dipped the clutch and it started again (thew).
The only worrying thing is the lights stay on when its stopped draining the battery so i switch it to side lights when stopped as it was dark.
Ill probably avoid using it anyway as starter, ring gear etc, time will tell.
Is there anyway of turning the lights off so just the DRL are on? all i can see is that it needs to be done by volvo.
Just want to add thanks for this group as i have learned a few things.
Keith
ubucky is offline   Reply With Quote