Thread: General: 164: - How do you turn off intermittent wipers
View Single Post
Old Sep 8th, 2020, 10:02   #10
Triple-S
How Old?

Knockbarrie - very interesting for several reasons. This original subject is well over 5 years old now, I have left Tesco as my ISP, the car has had to be moved twice due store location changes and it still exists almost in running condition despite not being used!
I bought the car from a display steam engine exhibitor along the south coast last century now, after he cracked the chassis (!) where its badly-designed towbar was bolted on - he was trying to tow a huge static engine to a show from his bumpy access track from his store: it weighed well over 2 tons so illegal anyway.
Years ago I repaired the chassis and did some other bodywork, but haven't continued with the work due lots of family problems (deaths and serious illnesses). Its currently outside unfortunately but if you have sentimental reasons for wanting it back (!) I have two other 164s so don't need it any more! However, a long way from you now - I wonder how it got right down the country before sale? I wish cars could talk.

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote