Thread: what dealer ?
View Single Post
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 22:58   #4
Sphinx2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
Here's one for you. Bought a V90 from a dealer in Huddersfield, no problems with them. The car is ex Volvo UK, 8000 on the clock. Seems someone forgot to reset the service intervals on the car. It's now telling me to book time for service. Local dealer in Bury tells me I've got to go back to Huddersfield dealer to have things reset. Bury 10 minutes away , Huddersfield 1hour depending on traffic. I would have thought any dealer could have sorted this issue out. The car as had its "free quality assurance inspection 3 months following delivery" done. And I think the technician as somehow forgot to reset the service clock. Just feel a bit miffed off as I have spent quite a few quid with the Bury dealer, ie £26.000 grand on a XC90 a few years ago, and service charges on my XC70. The only reason I went to the Huddersfield branch was they had the car I was looking for. Other than that moan, hope all is well with you all and looking forward to see faces old and new at the national meet and BKV. Thanks.
How long ago did you buy the car? When was it last serviced - regardless of millage?

As part of the Seleck programme - all cars go through a 100 point check and this includes a reset of the systems and a software upgrade. If it requires a service - it must be done at this point too.

Yes your local dealer can do it - but you will have to get the Huddersfield to authorize this to Bury.

Be much quicker to get the car back to Huddersfield to sort - otherwise you will be faffing around for weeks to get the dealers to sort it.