View Single Post
Old Sep 18th, 2016, 09:59   #3
Austin160
Master Member

Default General:- Hull dealer sold my car to someone else. Help

Hello Shawn,
I cannot comment on the legality of this, but would suggest you do two things:-

Check that money has not be taken from your account or credit card. You need to do that today, unless you have already confirmed that.
If it has, you need to get it investigated and the card stopped. They will advise you what to do.

If they have not taken money, you can report it to Trading Standards- if you really want to. Personally, I would not bother, and just treat it as a bad experience.

For the next step:-
You want to spend around £17,000 on a car, and if you are prepared to do that without actually seeing the car, then in my mind, you are leaving yourself open to further problems, since you will be trying to deal with people who are hundreds of miles away from you. Not a good situation to be in, and I would suggest you forget about that way of buying a car, unless you are prepared/able to perhaps put up a battle against someone.

I think it would be far better to travel around your local Volvo dealers and actually talk with the salesmen and tell them exactly what you are looking for, and wait for them to come back to you.
It may be old fashioned, but are less risky for you.
Hope some of this helps, but for peace of mind, if your money is still safe then just treat it as a bad experience and move on, rather than attempt to find out what they did is actually legal or not.
Good luck with finding another car.

Last edited by Austin160; Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:01.
Austin160 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Austin160 For This Useful Post: