View Single Post
Old Nov 25th, 2018, 14:50   #140
cpu_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
Yes, there are a few.

I have gone through many options in my car

With VIDA you can do some minor things like alter the delay time on the interior lights, set the auto-lock, adjust units of measure (°F, °C, km, miles), set the temperature distribution for the REST heater, alter the DRL settings, and some other stuff.

With VIDA, you can also load new software versions such as changing the dash language, adding the REST heater (which I did), adding the Parking Heater (which I also did), and a ton of other things.
HOWEVER due to the encryption methods used, and the commercial policies of Volvo, all of these options are available as "parts" to purchase, and can only be installed by a dealer or other garage with fully licenced VIDA subscription.

Yes, I have read of Russians that have hacked the CEM and DIM and loaded new software and DIM languages and altered the available options.
But that requires removing the instrument cluster and CEM, accessing the EEPROMs directly to read out the code, then decoding the stored pin number, and writng it back to the EEPROM. They don't release how they do that to the Internet.

I paid real money to enable the parking heater (about 200 GBP) and the residual heat heater (around 75 GBP), and I do actively use them in winter, such as today. I don't regret having spent the money.
Note that those options have a prerequsite of having the fuel-driven auxiliary heater fitted, which my D5 diesel had ex factory.
The main things I am looking to change is:

1. When I lock the car the mirrors fold by them self rather than me having to push a button each time.

2. dip the mirror on reverse.

3. Beep when I lock the car.

Anything that can do this, not sure VIDA can?
cpu_man is offline   Reply With Quote