View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 14:48   #24
WilBo

Just in case anyone has a similar problem and finds this thread.

In the end it seems that the problem was that the problem was that the EOLYS Fuel additive was empty and so the car could not regen on its own. Annoyingly, there was no code to say the additive tank was empty, but I did initially get a DTC to say that the additive module (ADM) had a faulty signal, which may have thrown things out.

I ordered some JLM PAT fluid and filled up the additive tank (it took nearly the whole 1L bottle to fill it up. I then took it to Halfords and got them to do a forced regen.

The car then drove fine for about 1,000 miles, but then it went into limp mode and I got the dreaded DPF full error code.

So I then decided to get a VIDA-DICE setup to see if I could find out what was going on and force a regen myself if needed.

After having a massive pain in the proverbial getting it to work (including getting a second hand Windows 7 Laptop) I managed to get it to work and forced a regen whilst also using some of the Wurth DPF cleaner spray sprayed straight into the temp sensor whole in the DPF.

This worked really well and car has been totally fine for another 3-4,000 miles or so.

However, just the other day the car went into limp mode and engine management light came on.

PLugged in VIDA and read the following two error codes:
ECM-2A30 Particulate trap - blocked
ECM-2A40 Particulate trap - signal too high

However, for some reason initiating a forced regen using VIDA failed (I followed all the instructions in VIDA) and a more detailed investigation seemed to show that the pressure readings coming form the sensor appear to be within the threshold, which seems strange.

Given the issue appears to be with the DPF, possibly the pressure sensor, and I need help with VIDA (and apparently nothing to do with nearly running out of fuel as suggested in the thread title here), I'm going to open up a new thread to see if anyone has any advice.

Anyway, hope some of this helps if anyone finds they have any similar problems.

Cheers,

Wil
WilBo is offline   Reply With Quote