View Single Post
Old Dec 16th, 2019, 10:29   #15
Haldex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
How do you know the pump is still running when you are driving along with the powerpulse inactive ? what makes you think there is no safety valve ? The safety valve blows at 23 bar if there is a fault with the pump not stopping ..
Well why would it be running if there are no leaks? You get a single shot of air on takeoff, pressure in the system drops from 19 to 11 psi (per Lexman8), pump takes, say, a minute to pump it back to 19- and it shuts off. And I assume it should stay off, so long I'm not stabbing it on a traffic light (my understanding the system is only kicking in for acceleration from standstill..)

@scw: I have also seen pics of a blown hose (armored rubber part - not the alu joint..) so clearly the whole assembly is not fit for purpose.. And they seem to be replacing it with a same part..

It's quite embarrassing that something that was announced as a revolutionary innovation in turbodiesel technology- has become a synonymous for failure.. And by having discontinued it after 2-3 yrs Volvo has admitted the failure.

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote