View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2019, 16:22   #6
turboboy
Master Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
No, not at all and in fact better than a lot of native English. It was using the term 'trunk' that made me think you are not in the UK.

I agree that most convertibles in the UK do seem to be 2.0lt - it took me a while to find a nice 2.4lt. The roof problems could be an easy fix or expensive, so with a plentiful supply, easier to 'just walk on' and find another. If the German market is such that there are not many about and everything else is good with the car, it would be worth considering - providing the price is right.
SwedSteel, I'm completely with ITSv40 on everything he says. It was your use of "trunk" that also made me think that English was not your first language, but all you said was clear and understandable.

I have a BMW convertible and before I bought that my priority was one with a correctly working roof. My thinking being that other problems are common to the whole model range and are generally well researched with parts and solutions being readily available, but very little information on convertible roof problems. This seems common throughout the car market. For example there is no information in Haynes Manuals on convertible versions and very sketchy information on the internet.

Glad to hear that you have found one and i hope that your gearbox problem is a small one.

Current: 1998 Volvo V70 2.3 T5 Auto.

Previous: 2000 Volvo V40 T4; 1981/2 265 (x2); 1988 740 Turbo Estate.
turboboy is offline   Reply With Quote