View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2020, 09:42   #2
TurboDiesel2006
V70 D5 185 Owner

This temp gauge and fan problem happened after swapping the vacuum engine mounts but also after both dipped headlights failing at the same time and then a side light a couple of days earlier. I have also noticed a reluctance for the starter to turn the engine over when hot so I wondered if perhaps it is an earth problem.

I cancelled the error codes and without starting the engine I disconnected the battery. I cleaned all the earth connections I could find in the engine compartment - 3 on each inner wing, and the cable that goes from underneath the starter motor to behind the n/s headlight. and checked the battery connections.

The car started ok but then the temp gauge and fan came on as before, I cleared the codes again and then it seemed to settle down. I switched off, let it cool and tried again and this time all seemed ok.

Then this morning after about 30 mins of driving a High Engine Temperature Stop Engine message suddenly flashed up and disappeared. It did this several times. The coolant level is ok with no fluid lost and the temp gauge is in the middle of the gauge.

Any ideas on what is happening?
TurboDiesel2006 is offline   Reply With Quote