View Single Post
Old Jan 8th, 2017, 20:12   #2
dcw
VOC Member

That looks really good! No, it looks a fantastic time-warp example!!

The seats with the pale blue stripes remind me of my first (1988 model) 480: I think it was only the white ones (which mine was) and the pale blue ones that had the blue stripes - the others (IIRC) had red...And I am jealous of your full set of genuine carpet mats - I am missing the driver's mat for mine!

The horn going all the time could well be the alarm. That is what it does: sounds the horn continuously. Is the central locking working properly? Maybe a micro-switch is stuck somewhere.

Unless it is really different on the early models the starter motor isn't hard. Did mine on my GT recently. No need to remove drive-shafts. Raise front end of car, remove the heat shields above and below, and that should give you the necessary access. Don't forget to disconnect the battery first!

Noted re your comments about mechanical skills. You'll find lots of help on here if you search and then ask, and also the 480 Europe website and forum has a wealth of information. Also, get a Haynes manual - they are far more focused on the 440/460 but they do help, and there are lots going cheap on e-bay these days.

Have fun and keep us posted!

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dcw For This Useful Post: