Thread: s60 D5
View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2019, 22:51   #2
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by loggo View Post
hi folks i have a S60 D5 55 plate im having problems while putting a full lock ( right hand down) i get a groaning clunking noise from the drivers front end, ive changed both driveshafts , steering rack, drop links, wishbones and wheel stops and still cant find the problem the only thing i can see is the driver tyre is rubbing on the inner wheel arch any help would be appreciated
You've posted in the wrong section - you're better off either getting this thread moved (ask a moderator) or start a new one in this section =>

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187

In this section we're all a bit old fashioned dealing with electro-mechanical or hydro-mechanical or just plain mechanical things that were built before 1973-ish

####

All I can really say about your rather modern car is that if the wheel is rubbing then something is either damaged or broken. On the whole steering systems have "stops" to stop the wheels from rubbing on stationary parts.

There could be a problem with these mechanical stops or the structure around the wheel has been altered.

If you have a hydraulic steering system dirty oil can cause strange sounds - but for all I know it could be electircally assisted - modern cars are these days (apparently it saves weight which is then used up to fill them with needless wifi in-car entertainment junk...)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote