View Single Post
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 08:58   #380
TomSaintJames

Engine acquired! Picked up yesterday, all went well bar a tyre issue. Engine looks precarious, but was well chocked and strapped down within an inch of it's wossnames Didn;t move an inch all the way home.

Filled up before we left, a not so gentle 70 mph all the way up there, filled up again after collection. Best mpg ever in this car! Well balanced tyres, tracking sorted, prop bearing lovely and quiet and downpipe not rotten and holy added up to better economy than we've yet had.

MPG= 168 miles / 31.63L
MPG= 168/7.029
MPG= 23.9

The way home however would have been very much less economical, 2 hours in we stopped for refreshemnts and I noticed the front passenger tyre looked a little low on pressure, odd as I checked them all before setting off. 6PSI! No wonder the steering wobble was back, we must have picked up something and gotten a slow puncture, will have to see how it is this morning but I think the tyre shoulders/sidewall suffered from driving on that low a pressure.

The front tyres are 'stretched' onto the wide steel wheel, so I wouldn't mind replacing them with a) better quality tyres and b) correct width tyres for the rim. *Sigh* another spend on this car!

I hope to get around to looking at the Penta engine later, but I may not have time.
1991 Saab 900i 2.0 16v Convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Last edited by TomSaintJames; Mar 1st, 2020 at 09:35.
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: