View Single Post
Old Feb 11th, 2015, 11:19   #36
britten_mark

Hi there

I'm an infrequent visitor to the forums but we have spoken once before. I tend to come on when there is a problem with the car, and it is pretty reliable, so haven't been back for years

One problem which has persisted on the car is cold weather starting, overfuelling and "shunting" for the first 30 seconds or so. I've eliminated the air mass meter thingy, and although I've never had any warning lights or codes I'm 95% sure the ETM would sort it. I could take it out and clean it, but it it's still running the old white one and thought it better to update it?

From reading your thread am I right in thinking that a 2nd hand unit from a similar 1995 T5 auto would work? Volvo make a big deal of "code flashing" it, but from your post it sounds like it's a model specific code rather than to a particular ECU right?

I've just rang Volvo and current price is about £220 for the ETM, and £50 fitting. Whilst expensive this sounds subsidised to me, like it must be more than £50 labour to fit one (I haven't been near a dealers in years God only knows what the hourly labour rate is).

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Mark
britten_mark is offline   Reply With Quote