View Single Post
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 15:10   #52
SIAMBLUE
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigels60 View Post
been experiencing poor idling on my s60 for weeks - very lumpy. Recently the situation has become far worse so a trip to the dealer was in order.

They mentioned a ETM possible problem and told me it would be £180 + VAT to clean, but if that failed £680+VAT more for a new ETM. When they got the car on the computer it was showing a MAF (Mass Air Meter) problem and said - oh thats your issue you need a new MAF. I had this replaced for £250 +vat yet the problem is as bad as ever. Only since a friend saw the watchdog article do i now know what is actually wrong.

Does anyone know ?

a) If VOSA are actively pursuing Volvo to issue a recall ? (I have already been involved in at least 1 near miss as a result of the problem - its definately a major safety hazard - someone is going to be killed sooner or later)
b) If the software upgrade actually does anything more than mask the problem?
Nigel it is a shame you didn't read my reply to this thread after i went to Strastones of Ilford, the dealers are just trying to claw back some money or in my words ripping off the customer,

You must phone Volvo Customer services first and get a job number speak to Dan, then go back to the dealer and demand you want the part cleaning and the software upgrade and no other work is to be carried out, you will then know if it has sorted your problem or indeed the ETM will need replacing, at a later date,

Gary,

V70 P2 facelift D5 6sp manual E4 Sport SE Ocean Race Blue pearl (2005) 97k, standard.
SIAMBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote