View Single Post
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 15:53   #55
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB View Post
I spoke to Volvo customer services but they refused to pay any more. I will take Volvo UK to the small claims court and i urge others to do likewise. There has been 1 such case so far and i believe the Judge awarded in favour of the claiment + costs. The reasons i will do this are as follows:

- Volvo UK did not inform me by letter of the potentially dangerous problem and the need to have it cleaned/new software. I had to find it out via the TV.
- Volvo Sweden informed all 120,000 Volvo owners by letter a long time ago.
- http://www.fazmiclaw.com/Volvo.html makes terrifying reading, especially that Volvo internal documents are available showing that Volvo had known about the problem for years and knowingly fitted the defective parts even to production cars prior to 2003.
Absolutely.
In the court case you mentioned only the dealer was taken to court as, obviously, the person had paid them the money.
This form of action - although setting some form of precident - is piecemeal.
Can I suggest that you ALSO have, as joint defendants in the case, Volvo UK.
They are ultimately responsible for this.
You may need to have a legal justification for doing this but a solisitor should be able to com up with one. He can also get the case notes and files from the person who successfully won his case.

The very best of luck with this..

It is a shame that Volvo have not been able to work out a way to get Bosch to build a replacement (that works!) or update cars to use the Bosch replacement used in later models..

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote