View Single Post
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 11:00   #27
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike95 View Post
Thanks for all your trouble. That is great news for me.
Once I have the wheel in place i may have a go at chopping the tray and maybe strengthening it as not much to loose. I will let you know the result unless you beat me to it.

Love the colour of your car by the way. Flamenco red? I wanted one that colour but with the beige interior but where I bought mine from only had one with the off black. We ended up with silver and beige which also looks great - to me anyway.

Thanks again.

Hope you enjoy the car as we are.

Cheers.

Mike
Nice to have some feedback, so thanks, Mike.

I also post on the US VolvoXC forum where there (used to be) a lot of interaction. It's quieter now. There's a lot of interaction and I try to put something back where I can. So with a new toy I'm trying to redress the balance.

No I'm not going to chop my tray - you never know we might sell the car on (after yesterday's trial run The Management said she was beginning to really enjoy driving - after xxx years. A good sign as not many ladies get as anoraky about cars,;shoes, mebe...), in which case the tray will go back in.

Yes, the colour is Flamenco - our first love was the older ruby red, but they can't formulate that in water based paints (Our most loved colour was Scarab Green which subtlety moved from green to blue - hence the name). I had a red V70 with beige interior and never really liked it. While "selling" the car to SWMBO, I asked "black or beige?" - came the answer - black. Result!!

It's very much a personal thing and I wouldn't possibly criticise anyone else's choice. Black can be very oppressive, certainly in the garage the inside looks like the pits of hell without the flames (they're on the outside)

It's the nicest Volvo to drive that I've ever seen (even the T5 C30 was not that good), positive steering, good tactile feedback, and firm turbo thrust without any hint of "bothering". Current used offers of fleet cars are very attractive.

FWIW I've found an inexpensive rear mat via fleaBay and if it's good I'll report back on this thread. The manufacturer might be prepared to do a variation on the Volvo folding version if there's interest (There are costs associated with setting up a prototype and the volumes may not justify it). He might make me a separate piece to cover the folded seat backs which would be a good start.

If the muse takes me, I'll post pictures of Volvos initial "wheel in a bag" solution and the £450 later offering - so people can see what they're missing.

Watch this space.

Another Mike
TrueBlue is offline   Reply With Quote