View Single Post
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 17:11   #11
Semnoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyiddo View Post
Great article - did my swirl arm and manifold clean over Christmas break. Had the same problem with excess movement on the arm in all directions so bit the bullet and changed it. Had a few problems with ejectors sealing but ok.
However the motor is in the wrong position and appears to have overdriven by about 5mm so I can't quite reconnect the link arm. It doesn't seem to want to reset or recalibrate either. I've given it a tug(very stiff) and tried a few options in VIDA but no effect.
Any suggestions anyone?

For now left flaps open and the task has made a hugh difference but would like to sort motor.
That's unlucky. At first I was concerned I'd have the same problem, as the car had spent at least a year with no link arm fitted and I was worried the motor would have knackered itself. Fortunately I found that the motor had stopped in exactly the right position for open swirl flaps, and I didn't even need to use my VIDA device, so I'm not sure why yours would be different.

If you start the engine a few times, does your swirl throttle motor ever move to recalibrate it's stop positions ? I read somewhere it does this every now and then. With someone helping you, it might be possible to wedge something behind the motor control arm to make it record the correct stop position.

EDIT - sorry, just re-read your post and you've said it doesn't want to reset itself. I wonder if the motor has jammed in position then....they're not easy to find 2nd hand to try a swapout...

Last edited by Semnoz; Jan 4th, 2018 at 17:15.
Semnoz is offline   Reply With Quote