Thread: XC90: - Nightmare xc90!
View Single Post
Old Aug 18th, 2018, 13:57   #1
Zoe1978

Default Nightmare xc90!

Hi. I have recently purchased a 2008 xc90. After 2 weeks of driving it, the back diff box broke. We had the car picked up and after being in garage for 1 month, the diff got replaced on warranty. It was then driven for another 2 weeks before we drove 200+ miles on holiday. On way back from our holiday the power steering went and it is now again in the garage. The garage have sent photos of the pipe work running from where the power steering fluid goes. It was empty and running out of pipe. He has told me that the pipe has been bent so was running underneath part of the engine, causing it to vibrate on other metals causing it to split. He said they have been at some point placed in the incorrect position causing the split, putting it down to poor workmanship!
I was told by the last garage who fitted the diff did not touch the front of the car as is not responsible, warranty are not covering it and the garage we brought from are washing their hands!
I am gutted I’ve brought a car that has spend more time in the garage than I’ve driven it. It’s going to cost nearly £600 to replace the pipes. Please can anyone advise or help me!! This is becoming a nightmare and I am really regretting getting this car as I’m just expecting more issues! 😫😢
Zoe1978 is offline   Reply With Quote