Thread: Dispute Advice
View Single Post
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 18:00   #1
Boxybutgood

Default Dispute Advice

Hello

Not a Volvo issue but a general one; last Jan I had the h/g's replaced on my Subaru as they were deemed about to fail. Work carried out by a Subaru MD (who I trust and have been very fair for a number of years). The other week the car didn't seem quite right and a quick inspection showed radiator expansion tank full of oily water, car coughed on start up, etc. MD discovered the thermostat (replaced when h/g's done) had failed. As all tests carried out could not show h/gs had failed we had the engine out and we have found a cracked head.

Their position is that as we cannot prove the thermostat failed before the head cracked they are not liable. They have suggested an independent engineer inspect the head but I can't see how this can prove the sequence of events.

To me it's clear cut and if it came to court the balance of probabilities has to be the thermostat causing the crack due to overheating. As I paid by credit card I could make a Section 75 claim but before I go further does anyone have any similar experience here?

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Previous; 740GL, 740GLE auto, 745GLE auto, 945S auto, still looking....
Boxybutgood is offline   Reply With Quote