Thread: Dispute Advice
View Single Post
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 18:51   #3
kenny
Master Member

I agree with you that a faulty thermostat is the most plausible cause however as the garage or the defendant is refusing you claim, you the claimant need to prove this. If it went to a court you will need an expert opinion such as an engineers report. As a layman the judge will not look at your opinion as strongly as that of the garage full of qualified mechanics and probably rule in their favour. Bring in an engineers report in your favour and the garage will possibly do the repair rather than go to the expense of fighting it and if they do you have evidence on your side to persuade a judge.
As for a Section 75 claims, yes they are great but only if you are in the right. They will help you if the dealer has gone bust or refuses to help you. Your card company will also want some proof that the dealer and they have a case to answer. With an engineers report they may just tell the dealer to fix it or they will and then take the money out their account.

I have had two full refunds for cars I bought with support from my credit company via a section 75 One had a fake service history. Easy to prove the stamps in the book did not match the dealers records. The other one a faulty gearbox. I had a report from a BMW dealer down the road saying the car needed a £6,000 Gearbox.

You need an engineers report. It might cost but if it is in your favour you can claim that cost back as well. Good luck I hope it goes your way.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kenny For This Useful Post: