View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2017, 09:45   #4
Torshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denedriver View Post
Check out the page on wheel and road noise. I would strongly recommend that you keep the original wheels until you have tried the 22 inch ones on a multitude of surfaces. They may look great but be louder than the original 19 inch ones. There are a load of drivers going the other way to you on wheel choice.

All the best with the car.
Have already been following that thread for a couple of months, very few people with 22" wheels seem to be complaining, plus it seems like the issue is a lot better these days, plus in all honesty I don't really care much about road noise and I do care a lot about the aesthetics of having large wheels, enough that I'd happily put up with road noise and a harsher ride to have the grin on my face when I look at the car.

So the offer stands. In reality I suspect it'll be a non-issue as it's unlikely anyone will bite in time for it to work with my pickup dates, and even if they did there's only a small-to-medium chance that person would live along my route for me to deliver. So most likely I'll be taking the wheels home and putting them on eBay so will have a few weeks to think about it anyway, although I already know I'm keeping the 22's, no question.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote