View Single Post
Old Feb 18th, 2019, 15:47   #19
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobbo View Post
Staggering difference in the video, I've just ordered a set form Ali Express (D2S) and intend on using D2S fitment LED bulbs.

I've seen they have a shutter for highbeam which is obviously pointless when it's a different bulb, maybe you can either wire them in as a live constant or physically remove the shutter so your cut off won't be as sharp?
Wait, whaa?
What to you mean by that? Shutter will work regardless of bulb source type. Only think shutter does is cut 50% of beam and realease it fully when activated. You wire it to high beam bulbs and you ultimately have dual high beam application.

also - I have to ask - why D2S version if you decided to do with odd aftermarket D2S LEDs anyway? Whole point of using D2S of projectors is to use good branded D2s bulbs, like Osram Xenarc etc, otherwise you can use H7 version as bulbs are aftermarket/crappier anyway and you can swap to halogen in no time. Not really following the logic here, please elaborate!