View Single Post
Old Jan 12th, 2020, 13:11   #8
CosmicBike

All in all a successful morning of fettling. Rear light clusters were repaired last night at the dinner table, and refitted this morning. Not perfect, but no longer full of water and held together with tape. Getting the remnants of tape off the bodywork around the light took quite some doing though!

Checked the throttle position sensor, after slackening the retaining bolts I now have it set to click just as the throttle opens. I did wonder if this would give the excess fuel code with the ECU thinking the throttle flap was open when it was actually at idle, and yes, a code reset has now cleared the engine warning light. Hurrah!!
On the down side, the idle is now dog rough with a terrible pickup. When I bought it the previous owner did say that it was rough, and the garage had played with the idle which made it a little better, so I guess that @Clifford Pope you may be right.
Throttle body will come of as soon as I buy a gasket, it is in dire need of a good clean.
Another bit of digging to find out why the petrol guage isn't working, and sure enough I've found the corroded connector at the tank. I may have a go as soldering it, will see how the afternoon goes...
CosmicBike is offline   Reply With Quote