View Single Post
Old Apr 30th, 2015, 21:34   #23
GrantA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEGE63 View Post
Final report - dropped car off this morning and told them to do the screen as I could see it being loose, mentioned 'squashy sound' in bulk head and was told issue with water trapped so told em to drill the holes to get rid of it (seen posts re this on forum before so was aware of it). Asked them to fix windscreen and a call back late pm confirmed that a LARGE portion of the top was not bonded properly and that it was now fixed. £200 less in my bank account but at least water should be kept on the OUTSIDE from now on.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice in this case. (whats next.....)
Peter,

Ours cars are very similar, age, mileage etc and I understand there have been other Volvos where the bonding on the windscreen has failed so it might be more common than we think. Could be we have found a defect that might be across a particular "batch" of Volvos if they were all produced at the same time. The 10th number on my VIN No is "8" indicating MY of my car is 2008 although it was first registered in 2009.

Perhaps we should ask if any other V70 or XC70 etc owners have experienced problems with the windscreen of their cars leaking, it can't just be a coincidence can it?

I have done a search and so far on this Thread we have:
S60D5185 (V70 MY '08 Windscreen leaking - who started this thread)
Pierremcalpine (Windscreen leaking, his car is 2 years younger than ours, but he said that others had reported similar problems)
Aeron (XC70 MY '08 had a water leak but thought it was the shark's fin)
BLO8 (V70 MY '08 Windscreen leaking)
PEGE63 (V70 MY '08 Windscreen leaking)
GrantA (XC70 MY '08 Windscreen leaking)

On other similar Threads:
Davy Shearer (XC70 MY '08 Windscreen leaking)
Wilbydoughboy (XC60 Windscreen leaking)
H20 Volvo (V70 MY '12 Windscreen leaking)

If there are any others out there who have a car manufactured around 2008 and have experienced a windscreen leak do let us know. Also if anyone reading this has a V70 or XC70 manufactured around 2008 I suggest your windscreen bonding may not be as good as it should be.

Last edited by GrantA; Apr 30th, 2015 at 21:41.
GrantA is offline   Reply With Quote