View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2011, 09:09   #4
Karoshio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
No, it'd central, that was the first thing I checked. Even if I put the fader fully to the rear it's quiet - as indeed is the music.

So perhaps there's an issue with the the sound system - might explain why the Dolby Surround sounds ****e :-D

I have a friend with the same system, I'll check his...
Well our cars are similary speced (sensors + DOlby) and mine has the same issue. The front is really loud and the back is really quiet.
I've asked the dealership whether it's possible to change the volume of the beeps but nothing yet...
I've added a backup camera to the system to see small object as well... Works pretty well and is worth every penny if you consider the costs to paint a bumper

The Dolby is indeed another issue. Last week I got a question of a rear seat passenger whether they also supply the XC90 with rear speakers! It's so pointed forward the default sound scheme. It's a bit of a dissapointment really. I'm looking into other systems to enhance the sound. I believe that the hardware is ok but the default sound scheme of Volvo is Cr*p....
Karoshio is offline   Reply With Quote