View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 12:24   #19
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellbennett View Post
Hi I am also having problems with interpreting the vida info. I have run the diagnostic shown in the second thumbnail in 11, but generally get a value around 21, labelled as injection angle actual value, which sometimes jumps to a small negative value briefly and seemingly at random. I assume this small negative value is what I need to compare with the graph but don't know how to make it more permanent. Do I need to let the program run for longer and get an average value at the end or something? Thanks Darrell

Sounds as though it's advanced if it's showing 21° but surprised you're getting it to run. Does it start immediately?

First thing I'd do is clarify whether it's retarded or advanced. If you set up TDC, by viewing the flywheel marker through the gearbox bellhousing, where is your diesel pump pulley marker positioned? Above the engine marker will be in a retarded position, below the engine marker will be advanced.

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Baffler For This Useful Post: