View Single Post
Old Jan 4th, 2022, 15:15   #9
scbamber

Does the panel think that the diameter of the skinny spare in the OP's photo is nothing short of extraordinary? It would surely make driving even 10 miles to the nearest tyre depot a weird and truly hazardous experience. Is it even legal? As the vehicle is an XC, the lopsidedness will be even more pronounced than on a standard V40.

I looked at the (unused) skinny on my own car (2015 V60) which came with the car from the factory when specified as an optional extra. The diameter of the whole wheel and tyre is almost the same as the standard road wheels.

Out of interest I have just looked for offerings on the internet for a 2020 XC40. TMS Motor group, the Volvo dealers in the Midlands, offer the following 125/80/R18 which they say is the same equivalent to that specified and supplied for new cars from the factory. Link here

Q: was this spare really the one supplied by the Volvo dealer?!!

PS: for National to refit the OP's repaired tyre (the unidirectional one) the wrong way round almost beggars belief. National Clown Week is the first week in August not the first week of January

Last edited by scbamber; Jan 4th, 2022 at 15:39.
scbamber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scbamber For This Useful Post: