Thread: C30 Engine : - Intermittent stalling
View Single Post
Old Mar 25th, 2019, 19:41   #24
superhifi

Hi Scout, looks like we have similar spec'd cars!

What's weird is I went through all this pain last year and then the problem just went away! I assumed a combination of things I had done had resolved whatever was going on, but then about a month ago it started all over again.

I've got Vida and a Dice, and it's not thrown any error codes at all this time round, and i've had no error messages on the dash.

On Saturday I cut off the old connector that plugs into the Throttle and replaced it with a brand new, freshly crimped connector. This appeared to make a difference. Car seemed better at low revs and I did about 200 miles over the weekened without it skipping a beat. Right up until i left work tonight and it did it again.

Each time it's just a case of turning the ignition off, back on again, and after a good turnover the car starts again and then is fine.

I'm loathed to take it to Volvo as I know there's no diagnostic codes for them to see, and therefore 'computer says all is ok'.

I have found a way in Vida to monitor the throttle position readings, along with the 'expected' position, which I might do on a few journeys to and from work. I'm really curious to see what is actually happening when it stalls.

My next port of call is to order a replacement hrottle assembly, complete with new potentiometer housing. I've found 'Ford' ones available much cheaper than the Volvo equivalent, and from what I can see they are exactly the same part!

Let me know if you make any progress, where abouts are you based?
superhifi is offline   Reply With Quote