View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2018, 00:25   #12
Sysyphus

The DRL software module can only be downloaded using a legit subscription to VIDA, volvo’s Diagnostic software... module has to be purchased, and dealers charge labor for installing it as well... the point made above about dealers being unable or unwilling to do it is valid.

The water flow into the boot is one of those c70 things... I keep a small squeegee and a synthetic chamois drying cloth under my seat for that and the complimentary shower entering and exiting the vehicle in rain due to the lack of guttering above the door.

The glovebox is locked by the metal key insert in the key fob.. maybe not absolutely unique, but cut for your vehicle, not generic... a quarter turn locks the glovebox, a further turn enables ‘valet’ mode which locks the door compartments, back seat fold down thingy and disables the fob boot unlock... you can then give the fob to the parking valet taking the key insert with you so the valet cannot access the boot, glove box or door compartments... although those compartments are just strong enough to keep honest folk out, certainly no protection for anything valuable....

The key can also be used to unlock the boot manually using the keyhole hidden in a slot in the carpet behind the drivers side passengers legs... I say drivers side, because it is on the left on my US model... not sure whether it’s moved on an RHD.

They are getting better, but pretty much everyone I know who has tried any LED headlight replacement sooner or later does admit that even if they might look better, they’re really useless for seeing with.

Last edited by Sysyphus; Jan 15th, 2018 at 00:28.
Sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote