View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2020, 21:07   #13
Discombobulated
Impressive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madspark01 View Post
I changed cars from a c4 grand Picasso to an xc90 when I went to transfer insurance to Volvo they wanted £390 additional premium to cover till mid May.
so obviously didn't use them so I canceled policy further £56 to do that.
went on the comparison sites and was getting quotes of £670 - £730 to to same day so I decided to change start date to 12th and policy for year dropped to £380
Couldn't work that one out but took it so now happily running about in Volvo
Madspark- I had exactly the same when I swapped insurance from my S60 to a Jeep, i was paying ~£400 a year for my Volvo, I swapped to the Jeep about half way through and Hastings wanted £600 to swap for the remaining 6 months, even though their price for the year was around £400, or £45 to cancel.

I said I wasn’t happy being charged £45 to cancel so I could insure with them again and they agreed to waive the cancellation fee. As soon as I had the new policy I then cancelled that too, as you can in the first 14 days without penalty. About an hour on the phone altogether but saved me £45.

I then insured the Jeep with the AA for £320. Hastings did write and email a few times asking for payments due to a glitch in their system that wouldn’t cancel my policy but I rang and complained to their customer relations team who gave me £40 compensation, and then a few months later they took £76 from my debit card. I rang and spoke to customer relations again who apologised, refunded my £76 and gave me a further £50 compensation.

I also always insure 21 days in advance, it usually works out around £300 cheaper than insuring immediately for me.

Cheers, Luke
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Discombobulated For This Useful Post: