Thread: 240 General: - The Rustberg
View Single Post
Old Apr 27th, 2023, 21:16   #14
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman View Post
Yes the car is bad but its been repaired in the way I would have expected it to have been over the years.

I remember my parents 80's 240 and my dad repairing rust holes with chicken wire and filler as well as bean cans for the exhaust.

Can this be repaired, I dont see why not its just going to take awhile to fabricate panels where they are needed.

I do also have the Amazon... thats my other project that has not been finished yet due to not having space for it where I was previously living. I finally managed to get it to my current house last year and have done a bit of work on it but the 240 now takes priority as its sat on the driveway.

Edit:

Was also impressed you linked the car to the registration.
Re: the registration. That was just a fortuitous coincidence. In the 'Seriously' thread (under 200 Sales) another member (Andrew I think) had spotted the eBay ad a few months ago; another member noticed it was the same motor car as in the Simpson's Classics video just a day or two ago. The seller had included the registration number in the eBay listing. All I did was put two and two together:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showp...postcount=4706

... einfach.

Re: The Amazon. I enjoyed reading the thread, it was cantering along at a good pace until it stopped dead in 2014. I was really impressed by what you had done - I think I'd have scrapped the motor car long before then. Here is a link to Great Aunt Maud's journal thread in case you fancy some light reading:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=322606

... it does go on a bit.

Re: The 244. Of course it can be fixed. You know it makes no sense of course, it would be far more efficient to buy a better motor car .

Good fortune,

Alan

Last edited by Othen; Apr 27th, 2023 at 21:46.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: