View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 11:34   #19
DavidMarron

Default further on the decoke

The decoke was carried out at Stratstone Volvo who charge £115 per hour. This was paid by the Network Q dealer who sold the car.

The decoke cost £2k and while the top end was off I paid for the bits parts to change the cam belt. They renmoved tons of gunk which the showed me in the workshop.

This didn't solve the problem and they replaced an injector, still the same problem so they replaced all the injectors at a total cost of £1100 (inc 2 hours labour)

The car is miles better but was pretty bad before it went in. The idle was alll over the place and now and again it felt like it'd stall.

At the end of the day, I didn't pay for the decoke but did for the injectors and wish that maybe I'd had the option to hand the car back.

On a plus note, the whole top end's nearly new and although I paid £6K plus an extra £1.1k for the car (Y /20001/50k) It should last me ages and I'll just have to hang on to it longer than I expected.

Ironically, my previous car was a Nissan that I owned from 6 months old to the age of 16. It never put a foot wrong and I only got rid of it because old age meant that things like electric windows stuck down and were beyond economic repair.

I'm tempted to write a note to Volvo as the car had a full service history and I thought I was buying in to a superior brand. I doubt it'd have any effect other than make me feel better.
DavidMarron is offline   Reply With Quote