View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2018, 17:01   #4
andrewpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney760 View Post
My Dad is waiting for the AA right now

Yesterday when he was out he said his BMW made a shussh shussh shussh noise and then a terrific bang which frightened the life out of him from the front end of the car. He said the bang is like somebody hitting a tin drum with a hammer. He got out of the car, couldn't find a thing wrong but drove to a garage who went over the car with a fine toothcomb and couldn't find a single thing wrong

Today he has gone out and the car is doing it over and over again, he says the noise is tremendous. He says the shussh shussh noise sounds like something trailing on the ground but there is nothing

This surely has to be exhaust or catalytic converter problem but he is insistent it is not a backfire

AA are attending to look at the car and trailer him to a garage, I'll let you know what it is and leave you all to diagnose! :-)
sorry - thought this was a missed punctuation mark, as in: father's weird; BMW problem