Thread: General: - Ellemann-jakobsen
View Single Post
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 16:19   #11
tdz840
VOC Member

Mitch
Don't both polishing the cover. I bought one and the castings poor. Once you get rid of the paint you are left with a load of inclusions that look rubbish and too deep to remove.
Ended up repainting mine after spending an age polishing it. I repainted it black but thinking of going a crinkle finish if I can find a high temp crinkle paint in black.
The top of the fins have been left bare ally
HTH
Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch1971 View Post
My Chrissie present turned up today and after a 40min wait at the parcel force depot I got my new valve cover. I was wondering how VP autoparts could sell Volvo marked covers and they don't really, they come with a stick on Volvo badge to go in a milled space on the cover, see the pics. They are cast aluminium and the casting is okay but the black painted area has a rough type finish and the top and sealing face are machined. I'm going to polish the top surface and will stick on the badge after that but I'm wondering if a fully polished surface or another colour other than black would look good. Any suggestions of a another colour or would polished looked the best?

Edit: Found the below pic and thought the smoother glossy black look and polished top and cap will look good. I'll try and nickel plate a cap and see how it turns out.
tdz840 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tdz840 For This Useful Post: