Thread: volvo recall
View Single Post
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 09:40   #3
jeanette39uk

Unhappy thanks for this post sounds like my volvo v70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
It's just the software. It's just a fix. It's available in the UK. It's not a full cure, but will enable the car to deal with a deteriorating mechanical design fault better. But it does not stop the mechanical design fault from deteriorating further and failing altogether at a later date.

What's needed is an alternative physical solution, not just software.

Thanks for the post though

Oli
hi thanks for this post,

as a new member to this site, and a volvo owner of a volvo v70 tdi manual, i have been exsperienceing this problem for sometime on my car and had a few frights whilst driving this.

i have had the car for about a year now and the service light has been on since ive had it,it flashes up service in orange all the time and occasionally you get the trangle symbol come up with a ornage ttriangle inside it and what looks like a jack black symbol inside that,and the car will die, but then could be ok for another couple of weeks,i have had regular diagnostic check, checked fuel pump by my husband etc etc, even phoned up volvo dealer to see if our car came under thsi recall, as was advertised on tv by watchdog, but only applies to petrol models and as mine is deisel its sods law im not covered.told could be maf sensor,but will be ringing the dealer again to have the car serviced as moving to lincs in the new year and dont want to be stranded, im thinking of getting the fault done and perhaps selling the car, would like to get another volvo, but very weary from what ive read and heard alot of volvos have still the same problems, so much reluctantly have to change car make.

if anybody can help me with this as im lost with it all and fed uyp with it to be honest.

take care and thanks for posting this problem.

all the best
jen.