View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2017, 23:02   #1513
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Perhaps, but Arianne was looking for 6 cylinders ....
I so feel for you Arianne, what a dilemma to be in.
You are a man who sets high standards and rightly so expect a £70k car to perform as expected but as we all know cars are not always 100% perfect especially when a brand new leading edge design which "maybe" had not been tested in all its different configurations.

So what to do, two basic choices:
1. Personally I would keep Velar but switch down to a 20" wheel size with the dealer paying for a new full set of 20' which allows you to maintain the option to switch back to your 21" if/when JLR can ever fix their design fault in say 12 months time.
There will be no point whatsoever keeping on the car the 21" wheels as your finely tuned ears will be constantly seeking out the sound.
For whats its worth, my brother-in-law recently purchased a similar Velar on 20" and he loves it - and he has a garage full of sports cars with none less than £150k each. His argument is that on his proper sports cars - McLaren/Ferrari/Porsche - he will expect extremely low profile "band of rubber" tyres but in his Velar that is sometimes taken offload for shooting a 20" is the largest size that feels right (note I said feels not looks right......)
2. Another option could be to try out the new XC60 T8 Inscription Pro with a list price of c£58k plus sensible options take it to about £68k before discounts.
With Polestar you are looking at 334BHP, 325 Nm torque and a 0-60 of 5.2 secs which is enough to put a smile on most people's faces.....!!!

Two options and I think you will go with the 1st as being the most logical and sensible choice. Get the dealer to pay for the most best looking set of 20" that are out there - they or rather JLR owe you one "big time".