View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 17:14   #1519
Arianne
Premier Member

Hello folks,

Thank you for your kind words and opinions (all of which are appreciated, whatever they are).

After a lengthy family discussion last night and a further discussion with my dealer this morning, we have decided upon Option 1 - persevere, keep the car and work with the dealer and JLR to find a solution.

There are a number of reasons for this....

Firstly, the dealer has agreed to provide an open-ended extension to the period within which a ‘no cost’ rejection can occur. We have agreed to work together and keep reviewing the position as events unfold.

Secondly, we just don’t fancy any other car. We certainly tried last night but there is nothing else we want. The noise is, as I have said, not as loud as on the earlier F-Pace.

Thirdly, both the dealership and we think that, because of the Technical Bulletin which has been issued for a proposed fix on the F-Pace, JLR don’t need to start from the very beginning. Back in early 2017 JLR had absolutely no idea what was causing the problem. They were scratching around in the dark. The dealer handed us a print out of the Topix Bulletin and it is clear that JLR think they have found the cause and the solution on the F-Pace. They also clearly state that the noise doesn’t affect the performance, reliability or safety of the Jaguar until the fix is implemented.

Fourthly, we are exhausted with it all and we just cannot face the upheaval of another rejection and all that goes with it.

So there we have it. Holly will be booked in for some sound auditioning, the noise will be recorded on an MP3 file and sent to JLR. In the meantime, the dealer has promised to try their very best to look after us and allocate the best available cars from their courtesy fleet. They have also agreed to work so that, in the event that this is still ongoing by the time we leave for our Xmas ski-drive holiday, our Velar will be available to us or a proper alternative will be provided.

Okay, that’s it. Thank you again to everyone who took the time to share their thoughts and opinions with me. Our decision is a judgement call. There is no right or wrong.

Best wishes,

Arianne