View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 17:34   #1520
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
Hello folks,

Thank you for your kind words and opinions (all of which are appreciated, whatever they are).

So there we have it. Holly will be booked in for some sound auditioning, the noise will be recorded on an MP3 file and sent to JLR. In the meantime, the dealer has promised to try their very best to look after us and allocate the best available cars from their courtesy fleet. They have also agreed to work so that, in the event that this is still ongoing by the time we leave for our Xmas ski-drive holiday, our Velar will be available to us or a proper alternative will be provided.

Okay, that’s it. Thank you again to everyone who took the time to share their thoughts and opinions with me. Our decision is a judgement call. There is no right or wrong.

Best wishes,

Arianne
Arianne

As hinted last night, I was 95% expecting this decision ...... and I think its the correct one for your situation.
BUT whilst you are in the "driving seat" with JLR & your dealer, I would still suggest that you push for/request a full set of top spec 20" wheels/tyres keeping your existing 21" set until JLR have identified and corrected the fix ....... when the dealer can then have the 20" set back.

From my limited mechanical engineering knowledge I am not expecting this to be a straightforward fix which may even lead to JLR having to recall the 21" offending wheels and redesign a whole new wheel with different set of physical characteristics to match those of the cars drivetrain.